Grilled Sirloin Steak
All Natural, Animal Welfare Approved and USDA Inspected
- No Corn or Grain
- 100% Pasture Raised
- No Antibiotics
- No Hormones
- No Pesticides
Just Exceedingly Healthy Beef “This is what beef used to taste like”
All beef is flash frozen in vacuum sealed plastic for long freezer life.
We are now taking orders for quarters and halves of beef for summer of 2014.
Please Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org or 518 638 -8263
Beef Vegetable with Barley
Hearty and healthy this Vegetable Beef Barley Soup is cooked with beef marrow bones for an extra nutrient and flavor blast:
- 2 bone in grass fed shanks,
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots cubed
- 2 celery ribs chopped
- 1 large potato or 2 medium, cubed into 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 teaspoons beef base
- 8 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can diced tomatoes or 2 fresh tomatoes diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup barley cooked seperately
- In 5 or 6 quart pressure cooker brown beef on all sides in oil.
- Stir in all ingredients EXCEPT tomatoes.
- Lock lid on pressure cooker (follow the directions and safety precauctions of your
pressure cooker)and cook on high until the weight begins to
- Lower heat to slow consistent “jiggle”/hiss and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let pressure release conventionally.
- Stir in tomatoe and return to stove and simmer an additional 5-10 minutes
- Cook barley separately and add.
- Cut beef off bones and return to pot.
Autumn winds whirl about outside the farmhouse and I’m cooking as usual. The kitchen’s well worn, my apron’s splattered and the temperature begins to rise as the cooking stove, oven and woodstove…simmer, roast and pop respectively. Before long my 4 year old is stripped down to her unders and the windows are too steamed to see out. Night comes quickly and there’s never enough time to cook everything you’d like to on a cooking day.